san luis mission park audubon walk

  • Linda Most
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 8:04 AM
      Hi all,
      since no one has posted about this walk yet I will.
      First thanks to the Sheltons for leading it. It was
      nice to chat and bird with other Audubon local birding
      folk.
      Not too many birds though. Best were the Chimney
      Swifts over the lake. Like others are documenting:
      They're back.

      Other higlights were orange crowned warbler and house
      wren in the hedge row along the north boundary. Many
      Goldfinches and Yellow-rumps, R.C. Kinglets and a N.
      Flicker still present.

      After the group left Glenda and I finally heard a
      Northern Parula singing loudly from high up near the
      road (south west side of the lake maybe?)

      best,
      Linda M.
      Tallahassee

      for the Ivorybill:
      Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul --
      Emily Dickinson

      Don't pick lemons.
      See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
      http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html