Finally...

  • Candace
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2007
      My Great Crested flycatchers arrived yesterday. I also saw a female
      hummingbird and the male hummingbird at the feeder. Last night
      while chasing the squirrels out of my large owl house in my backyard,
      I sat sitting watching me a little screech owl. So.. I quickly ran
      over to my mothers yard and there was the female sitting in the entrance
      hole looking at me. So, I believe we have a pair. I must have chased
      those squirrels out of my owl house four times last night. The last
      time was at 11pm. And the little male screech owl just sat and watched
      me very curiously. Then he flew right in front of me. I am trying to
      give him his own house to roost in. Does anyone know if the female
      screech owl gets out of the house much once she lays her eggs. Because
      I don't think I have seen her out flying yet. I am enjoying these two
      owls. And each night the male sits in the tree's and warbles. Waiting
      patiently for more summer birds to arrive.

      Candy Pfau
      Palatka, Fl.
      32148