Northern Parula in yard (Tallahassee)

  • Dean and Sally Jue
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2002
      This evening, Monday, March 4th, we had a male Northern Parula feeding
      on the butterweed (Senecio) buds in our backyard near our bird bath.

      Yesterday, at the Springhill Road Sewage Treatment Facility, we had a
      variety of ducks and shorebirds, with the more interesting bird species
      being:

      Ring-necked Duck - 2
      Bufflehead - 15
      American Kestrel - 1
      Spotted Sandpiper - 1
      Pectoral Sandpiper - 1
      Common Snipe - 17
      Purple Martin - 2
      American Pipit - 1
      Palm Warbler - 1 (western)

      Dean and Sally Jue
      Tallahassee, Florida
      dsjue@...
    • Swamphen
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2002

        Since the list (NFLBirds) seems to be working again, I'll try posting this
        again... (PS - still waiting on the Parulas down here...)

        At Rhoden Cove Landing on Lake Jackson yesterday (Mar 4):
        Pied-billed Grebe
        Great Blue Heron
        Great Egret
        WOOD STORK (35+)
        Turkey Vulture
        Killdeer
        GREATER YELLOWLEGS (2)
        Tree Swallow
        Eastern Bluebird
        Yellow-rumped Warbler
        Swamp Sparrow
        EASTERN MEADOWLARK (12+)

        And at J.Lewis Hall Sr. Park in Woodville:
        American Kestrel
        Killdeer
        Northern Mockingbird
        SPOTTED SKUNK (2, fighting!)