Tallahassee spring hawks

  • Linda Most
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2007

      At about 1:00 today at the Target parking lot on
      Appalachee Parkway I heard some loud persistant hawk
      screaming. Had to stop and see what was going on. The
      noise came from two Red-shouldered hawks interacting.
      First one landed on the top edge of the treeline at
      the east side of the parking lot, then the other.
      They perched on two neighboring trees and continued to
      scream then flew east one at at a time.

      Linda

      for the Ivorybill:
      Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul --
      Emily Dickinson

      Never miss an email again!