Brown Thrashers in Leon County FL

  • Keith MacVicar
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 10:55 AM
      The following is from Gail Menk.

      "On 21 & 22 Feb, I heard Brown Thrashers sing locally as poeticized
      below, and on the latter date a Northern Parula at Piney-Z. Have heard
      that El Nino will keep March temperatures coolish - dig that recent
      record-breaking one of 18 degrees. Also, record-breaking for me has
      been attacks of cold fingers this winter.

      SONG OF THE BROWN TRASHER

      Luck,Luck
      What Luck?
      Good enough for me!
      I'm alive, you see.
      Sun shining, no repining;
      Never borrow idle sorrow;
      Drop it! Cover it up!
      Hold your cup!
      Joy will fill it,
      Don't spill it!
      Steady, be ready,
      Love your luck.
      - H. van Dyke

      Spring is here (again)"

      - Gail E. Menk

      Keith MacVicar
      Tallahassee Fl
    • Doug Wassmer & Lilian Saul
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 7:17 PM
        We've had a brown thrasher singing in and near our yard sporadically for
        about a week here in Tampa, and we have seen two together. They have nested
        in a hedge row for the past 3 years, and it looks like they may be back
        again this year!

        Doug Wassmer & Lilian Saul

        Tampa, FL