Rare Bird photos on FeederWatch web site

  • Fran Rutkovsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2007
      Hi all:

      Five of my birds have their portraits on the Cornell/Project
      Feeder Watch Rare Bird page:

      http://www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw/DataRetrieval/RareBird/2007/RareBirds07.htm

      Look for the photos of:

      Black-chinned hummingbird - by Ross McGregor
      Calliope hummingbird - by Andy Wraithemll
      (This hummer seems to have disappeared again. Maybe he'll return.)
      Summer Tanager, female - by Dean Jue
      Western Tanager, male - by Andy Wraithmell
      (A female Western Tanager is also coming to feeders now.)
      Bullock's Oriole - by Dean Jue

      The female Summer Tanager and female Western Tanager showed up
      last weekend and so far seem to be sticking around. The male
      Western T is in and out. The Bullock's is still coming in with
      all the Baltimore Orioles.

      Glenda Simmons of Tallahassee also has a couple of photos on there:
      Snow Goose and a Rufous hummer.

      I've had about a dozen Goldfinches at the feeders today.

      Here's an early reminder that the 10th annual Great Backyard Bird Count takes
      place February 16-19, 2007. Go to http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc/
      for all the info. Despite the name, the count is NOT just for "backyards"
      but can be done anywhere, including parks and wildlife refuges. I
      hope all my winter birds show up to be counted.

      --

      Fran C. Rutkovsky
      Tallahassee, FL