Back to Bataan!

  • Marvin & Jerilyn Collins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2007
      After Mr. Wraithmel and crew limped back to their cars after their treck of 2 and a half miles or so at Leon Sinks, I went back to the Mouth of Hell to complete the trail. Birds were still pretty skimpy but did finally see the Golden-crowned Kinglet that had been eluding us all morning and, best of all, a Winter Wren. The latter was in a small dry sink just east of the wooden bridge on the connector trail. No distinctive supercillium, dark brown barred underbelly, and a short tail. This was my best sighting of the Winter Wren and my first difinitive sighting since 2002.

      Marvin Collins