Dark-eyed Juncos - Lafayette Park

  • limeybirder@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2006
      Hi all

      did a spot of christmas count birding with Jim Cox today. Thanks for the invite again Jim, it was a lot of fun. Not much out of the ordinary in our section. I did have (7) Dark-eyed Juncos feeding together next to the Community Center in Lafayette Park. I will provide detailed directions for anybody who has an interest in looking for them. I am going back in the morning to get some digiscope shots and will scatter some millet so that they may stick around that area. Jim and Katy had 4 Juncos on the west side of town in a cemetry, the name of which escapes me. Not too much else apart from a couple of Marsh Wrens. One in the swampy/reedy area on Richview Ave/Rd. The other was on Goose Pond trail almost opposite Wednesday Drive. The only other highlights were a female Rufous Hummer and a male Baltimore Oriole in a yard off 7th Avenue.

      Hope everyone else had an enjoyable count day.

      all the best for 2007

      Andy Wraithmell
      Tallahassee
      www.surfbirds.com/blog/limeybirder/