Calliope

  • Fred Dietrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2006
      I have had several inquiries about viewing the Calliope in Tallahassee. The homeowners are very willing to have people come by their yard. The address is 3825 Leane Dr, Tallahassee, FL. If you walk up to the end of their driveway you can stand at the fence and see the two feeders in the back yard. It goes to both feeders and was caught at the one nearest the driveway.

      This is a tremendous hummer yard and one of the most popular plants is a flowering maple that they spend a lot of time feeding on. By the way, there is a buff-bellied there as well and last year they had an adult male Allens that we hope will show up again this year.

      If you would like to call before you come by, the homeowners are Jody and Claudia 850 893-3482. Let me know if you need better directions - here is a map to the house http://tinyurl.com/ydqabr .

      Also, Fred Bassett is coming back to Tallahassee this weekend in hopes that the cold weather has brought more hummers to the feeders. If you have a hummer you can contact Fred at fhound@... or me at fdietrich@... and we will arrange a time to come by your home.

      Fred Dietrich
      Tallahassee, FL
      fdietrich@...

    • Melissa Forehand
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2013
        Me & Pam Stevens had a great day birding at Travis and Karen's.In Blountstown 13755 SW Myers Diary Rd. Thank you so much for your generosity. Had views of the calliope as soon as we walk in and for every 10 to 20 minutes.

        Also had great views of song sparrow, chipping sparrow, field sparrow and white throated sparrow, catbird, white eyed vireo, swamp sparrow, brown headed cowbird, common yellowthroat, common ground dove (so cute), e towhee, n mockingbird, n cardinal and our good friend yellow rump warbler.

        Did not see the rufous

        Thank you again

        Melissa Forehand