Lake Munson & Tram Rd

  • Melissa Forehand
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2006
      Yesterday me and Tracee went to Lake Munson to see if we could see the
      linpkin, but unfortunately we did not get to see them. But we did get to
      see an osprey chasing off a juvenile bald eagle, 1 white pelican,
      several great egrets, anhinga, ibis, coots, cormorants and we saw a
      couple of sparrows in the grasses on the edge of the water and 3 N flickers.
      The most disturbing thing we saw was a whole bunch of dead fish, the
      smell was bad and there was still a couple of people fishing with these
      piles of dead fish around the dam, uhgg. Does anyone know what is going
      on there or if there anything we can do?
      Then we went to Tram Rd I have been wanting to drive out in the fields
      and I'm usually not able to go on Thurs. So I popped my head in and
      asked about it and a very nice guy said that the gate wasn't open and
      that management had just changed and they were still figuring everything
      out, so we need to be extra courteous when we go so that the new
      management likes us too or at least dosen't mind us. :)
      Not a lot of birds but we saw
      N Harrier
      killdeer
      n. shoveler
      hooded mergansers
      and some other ducks we couldn't id
      yellowlegs (possibly lesser)
      and there was this little bird feeding on the edge of the water in the
      holding pond that we think might have been an american pipit. It was
      bobbing it's tail and when it flew it had white on the edge of the tail,
      I thought it was a meadowlark at 1st because of the tail but the more we
      looked at it the more we weren't sure.
      Also in the 2nd holding pond were several sparrows.
      Happy Birding
      Melissa