RE: [nflbirds] Catbirds

  • speedyg
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2006
      >>Are they 'feeder' birds? Is there anything I can put out at the feeders to
      lure them in a little closer?<<

      Catbirds love raisins, assuming the squirrels don't get to them first...grape
      jelly should work, too (and will also attract orioles).

      In birding news, had a female American Redstart ("Yellowstart") this
      afternoon at the Forest Highway 13 bridge over the Ochlockonee River (Porter
      Lake) in Liberty County. Also 6 Wood Storks at Church's Chicken Pond in
      Tallahassee this morning.

      -S.P.McCool
      Wakulla County, Florida, USA
      USDA Zone 8B - Sunset Zone 28 - Heat Zone 9
      Walk softly, and carry a big scope.