Collision survivor

  • Lesley Royce
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2006
      This is my first time posting. I work at a nature center in Jacksonville. Around noon I heard the sound of a bird crashing into the picture window. I rushed outside and picked up the bird, which fortunately, only appeared stunned. Attached is a picture of the bird. Looks like a Philadelphia Vireo (?) I've gone on-line to see about migration patterns, and I'm reading that the Philadelphia Vireo is not a frequent Florida visitor. Is this correct?

      The good news is after a few minutes of rest, the bird was able to fly away.

      Another unusual sighting.....I'm sure I saw a female American Goldfinch at the nature center feeder today. Kind of early, but don't know what else it could have been. The bird took an oiled sunflower seed and then flew away.

      Lesley Royce
      _This is