Piney Z - Thursday evening

  • limeybirder@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21, 2006
      Hi all

      went for a walk around the lake yesterday evening to watch dragonflies and saw some birds to boot. There is an amazing Cattle Egret roost if anyone is interested, I counted over 1,000 before I left at 730pm and they were still pouring in. I also had many Purple Gallinules which were tending to their fairly well grown youngsters. A Ruby-throated Hummer flew by and I had a young Cooper's Hawk circling overhead.

      We have at least 6 Ruby-throats visiting our yard at the moment.

      Andy Wraithmell