Tall Timbers

  • CK Borg
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2006
      Had excellent looks at a pair of Loggerhead Shrikes along the Lake Iamonia
      over look in front of the Beadel House... they perched in the high pine at
      the beginning of the Stevenson Memorial Trail.
      Good Birding,

      C.K. Borg
      {ckborg@...}
      South Georgia / North Florida
    • Tracee Strohman
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 2007
        Spent a slow gorgeous morning at Tall Timbers off Rt 12 where I heard more Red-headed woodpecker sounds than EVER before. There were several very active groups. Personal highlights were the 2 Black-bellied Whistling Ducks (new bird!), N Flicker, Blue Grosbeak (1st year), and Summer Tanager.

        Also:
        Downy, Red-bellied and Pileated Woodpeckers. The M Pileated was working on a nest hole.
        Brown-headed Nuthatch (lots)
        White-breasted Nuthatch
        E Wood Peewee
        White Ibis
        Yellow-billed Cuckoo
        N Parula
        Pine Wabler (several)
        Amer Crow
        White-eyed Vireo
        E Towhee
        E Bluebird
        Red-shouldered Hawk
        other regulars as well.

        Tracee Strohman
        Tallahasee

      • Judy
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 12, 2011
          Thanks everyone for responding. I found it by using the satellite map on the Tall Timbers site. Google maps had sent me to a private road off of CR12. I meant to say if anyone gets this email right away.

          I am sorry about getting the wrong date for the Tall Timbers Tour. I thought it was this morning.

          Judy Lyle