Bullock's Oriole

  • Fran Rutkovsky
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2006
      An immature female BULLOCK'S ORIOLE is coming to my suet feeder
      and associating with the 7-8 Baltimore Orioles that are here.
      The Bullock's is so gray that at first I thought it was another
      Mockingbird. Dean Jue was able to get a few photographs this
      morning when the bird finally came down to the suet. The Orioles
      have remained tucked into the leaves and vines all afternoon,
      and the Bullock's blends right in with the drab colors of the
      branches.
      --

      Fran C. Rutkovsky
      Tallahassee, FL
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010
        Happy cold New Year to everyone:

        We returned last night from almost 3 weeks away so I was anxious to see what would
        show up at the feeders this morning.  I still have one female Rubythroat, who has
        been uncooperative twice when Fred Dietrich set up a banding trap.

        I've had one  male Baltimore Oriole for a couple of months. Today he's joined by 2 females and
        an immature male.  I saw a flash of gray with orange cheeks--yep, it's a female
        Bullock's Oriole for the 5th winter.  I have not yet talked with anyone to see if she
        was around for the CBC on Sat.   Thanks to all who kept my feeders stocked!

        I also had a Yellow-throated warbler at the suet today.

        --------
        Fran Rutkovsky
        Tallahassee, FL
        franrutkovsky@...