Birders contribution to the U.S economy

  • Jack Dozier
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2006
      Pierre Howard posted this to the GA list, and I thought it may be of
      interest here also:

      The Fish and Wildlife Foundation reports in its latest annual report
      that a 2001 U.S. Fish and Wildlife survey indicated that *46 million
      people age 16 and older bird watch in the United States, and
      approximately 3 million Americans hunt waterfowl and doves.* Economic
      impact: *Birders* spent an estimated* $32 billion,* and *hunters* spent
      *$1.4 billion* on trips and equipment that year.

      Now, five years later, birders are likely spending even more than $32
      billion annually.

      Jack Dozier
      Alligator Pt., FL
      jackdozier@...