Bluebirds - Flycatcher

  • Fred Dietrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2006
      This unusually warm weather has confused my bluebirds and they have started putting pine straw in their nest box. I doubt they will do much more since they rarely next before the first week in March. Only once in 20 years have I had them next as early as the last week of February.

      I went to the Miccosukee Greenway at noon today and found the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher on the fence by the lake just where Pam Flynn said it would be. A very beautiful bird. I took some photographs and when I got back and looked at them, I found I had shots of it catching a bug on the fly. I put some of the photos at:

      http://www.pbase.com/fdietrich/stfl

      Fred Dietrich

    • eliza hawkins
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2006
        Was perched in the top of one of the trees between the
        parking lot and the pond. He then headed around to
        the left side of the pond. Must be getting camera
        shy...I had a 400mm lens I was trying too capture him
        with. very beautiful bird.

        http://mail.yahoo.com