Western Kingbird

  • Pam Flynn
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2005
      Jim Cavanaugh confirmed my sighting of the Western Kingbird today.
      For those that would like to see it, the entrance to the business park
      is 1/4 mile east of the I-10 and 90 intersection at Apex Drive and
      Mahan. You will see the pond as you drive in. The bird was hanging out
      in one of the small bare trees on the edge of the pond to the left of
      the dock when I saw it but Jim said it was at the top of the large
      Sweetgum to the right of the dock today.
    • Cassidy, Rodney
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2005
        The Western Kingbird was in the top of the sweetgum when I saw it. There was a bald eagle, myrtle warblers, E. bluebirds as well.

        On a personal birding note I had my best year ever: 284 Florida Species and 475 total species in the "lower 48" during 2005, I wish I had pushed myself to 300 for Florida just to make that milestone.....maybe this year.

        Rodney Cassidy