Great Blue Herons

  • Candy & Michael Hill
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2005
      Today, at Piney Z, Lake Lafayette, we observed about 50 Great Blue Herons soaring together over Piney Z. I have never seen so many together in one place (except for the 'glades). It was about 1130. They didn't appear to be passing thru, just circling rather low overhead. There were also many wood storks still roosting in the cypress next to the tracks. An American Bittern near Road to the Lake and an increase of wood ducks and a few bw teal.
      fyi, Michael Hill, Tallahassee