Re: [FLBIRDS] More Nighthawks on the move

  • Jack Dozier
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2005
      At 06:08 PM 9/1/2005, you wrote:
      >Hi All,
      >
      >Around 3:30pm this afternoon I was outside at my parents house in Temple
      >Terrace, and heard a few "peet" calls upon looking up the sky was filled with
      >Common Nighthawks. Probably 250 to 300 birds! all were headed south. It's been
      >awhile since I've seen that large of a group moving through here.
      >
      >Don't forget to keep your eyes up!

      A flight of over one hundred Common Nighthawks were feeding and moving
      westerly on Alligator Pt. near dusk on 01 Sept 05. Yesterday fewer
      nighthawks were moving along in the same manner. They seem to have been
      following the coastline as they didn't wander too far from it, just a large
      loose stream of birds. There may have been more, I don't know how many had
      passed before I encountered them. Local breeders have been largely absent
      for a few weeks.

      Jack Dozier
      Alligator Pt., FL
      jackdozier@...