two interesting weekend observations

  • Deron E. Lawrence
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2005
      I was glad to see a swallow-tailed kite flying solo over our house in SE
      Leon Co this weekend, a beautiful adult.

      In N. Tallahassee I saw a black-and-white warbler working the live oaks.
      Sibley has them as migratory, though summer residents not far to our
      north. Have others see these guys hanging out in August in Leon Co?

    • raybieber@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2005
        I have recently seen a b/w warbler at my house off Hillaman golf course. Also, the mississippi kites are still hanging around.

        In Mary Esther, this morning, I saw 3 peach-faced lovebirds. they perched on the railing of my balcony overlooking the intercoastal.