spring in the city

  • Linda Most
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2005
      I saw my fots Indigo Bunting at the millet feeder about 8:15 this morning. Catbirds have taken over the suet feeders for about the last week or ten days. Chickadees are feeding babies in the birdhouse (I can hear the chicks carrrying on). Carolina Wrens are visible again, so maybe they've fledged already? Two Ruby-throated Hummers are emptying their feeder regularly for the last ten days, a pair maybe? The female cardinals are getting beat up looking around their heads and necks, evidence of mating or bullying by the boys? The Baltimore Orioles were still here yesterday, but haven't seen one yet today...

      Spring is beautiful in Tallahassee

      Linda Most
      Old Town Tallahassee

      Conservation is sometimes perceived as stopping everything cold, as holding whooping cranes in higher esteem than people. It is up to science to spread the understanding that the choice is not between wild places or people, it is between a rich or an impoverished existence for man.

      - Thomas E. Lovejoy