Blue cardinal? newbie?

  • Fran Bell
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2005
      Hello all,
      I just joined and had a question for you. I saw what I thought was a blue
      cardinal at my bird feeder yesterday morning. Several people suggested that
      it was a Blue Grosbeak. I've never seen one before but my Audubon book says
      the cardinal is 8-9 inches and the Grosbeak is 6-7.5 inches. This was with
      cardinals and seemed to be the same size. Are there blue cardinals? Could
      I have seen a Grosbeak the same size as a cardinal? Are Grosbeak common
      here in the panhandle? I moved up here to Clarksville about 2 years ago
      from around Crystal River.
      Fran