Tropical Kingbird still at St. Marks; still a thrill

  • Barbara Passmore
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2002
      The Tropical Kingbird at St. Marks was seen and photographed by me this
      afternoon at 3:45 pm on a rather grim and windy cold afternoon. The bird
      was located on the dike that runs practically east-west parallel with the
      north side of the main road at St. Marks from mile markers 2-3 or is it 3-4
      (where it has been reported before). It was located in the top of a bare
      tree facing away (north) from me, but I could see the rim of yellow around
      the sides and such a glorious yellow it is. Then, it dropped down into
      another bare tree from which the top had been cut and turned around! If
      only it had been a little closer! The photos may then have been good enough
      to send, but focusing at that distance makes it very difficult. I have a
      couple of small photos I will be glad to send you (they are just not good
      enough to send to everyone!). Just write.

      It was a Happy New Year's Day for me and I hope for you!

      Barbara Passmore
      bkpass@...