Bald Pt. / 14 Oct 04 (Belated Report)

  • Jack Dozier
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2004
      FOTS birds in yard: HERMIT THRUSH and BAY-BREASTED WARBLER.

      In the Park I met with Richard White and family from Chatooga Co. GA. They
      had just seen (2) SCISSOR-TAILED FLYCATCHERS (reported here yesterday), and
      an adult male VERMILION FLYCATCHER. We couldn't relocate the birds. I
      imagine they retired for the evening. We did see a F/imm. BALTIMORE ORIOLE
      that was flitting about nervously, perhaps exhibiting "zugunruhe",
      migratory restlessness.

      Jack Dozier
      Alligator Pt., FL
      jackdozier@...
    • Linda Most
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2004
        Good morning all,

        Early this morning we had two Rose Breasted Grosbeaks at the sunflower seed feeders. They appeared to be a male and female. A male had been through the yard earlier in the week without stopping. Less welcome new feeder birds this week include a pair of brown-headed cowbirds. They have come in almost every morning.

        This yard does not seem to be a warbler stop, but it has a large local bird community. They are eating heartily! A brown thrasher has even been known to check out the platform feeder every so often.

        Linda Most