Tram Road Talahassee Thursday

  • Edwwjr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2004
      I visited the Tram Road WTP on Thursday during lunch. There were over 20
      Mississippi Kites but only 1 Swallow-tailed Kite flying over the East Road and
      fields. The grass has been reaped again on the East side but the corn is high
      on the West side. The new crops are just emerging in the recently harvested
      areas. The road on the South side was dry and not nearly as sandy as before.

      Other birds of interest were a loggerhead shrike, 2 great crested
      flycatchers, several ground and mourning doves, and what I thought were 3 Orchard
      Orioles, (never could get a clear look), in the middle section of trees on the East
      side and 3 blue grosbeaks on the West side in the trees north of the horse
      corral.

      Of course the most abundant birds were the cattle egrets (300+) in every
      field and on every sprinkler system, and the laughing gulls.

      I saw no Eastern Kingbirds, bluebirds, nor swallows.

      I made a quick trip to Perry on Monday and had 2 wood storks flying across
      the highway just north of the roadside park about 5 miles above Perry.

      Ed Woodruff