Tram Road Thursday

  • Edwwjr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 27, 2004
      Elizabeth Wells, Marvin Collins, Michael Evans, and I visited the Tram Road
      WTP Thursday at noon. The fields have recently been mowed and so the number of
      kites seen was quite different than was the case a month ago. We had about
      60+ Mississippi Kites and only saw 2 Swallow-tailed Kites. Almost all were at
      a distance and primarily were south or east of the farm loop road. There are
      some very sandy conditions on the unpaved section of the road.

      We had quite a few Eastern Kingbirds and cattle egrets but everything else
      was few in numbers. We did have a great look at a male orchard oriole and an
      eastern bluebird.

      Ed Woodruff

    • Edwwjr@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2004
        I made a quick trip to Tram Road at lunch Thursday and managed to arrive
        between storms. Had about 40 Mississippi Kites at a distance. No swallow-tailed
        kites in evidence. More grass has been harvested but some of the land is now
        being plowed to replant. Cattle egrets and laughing gulls were everywhere.

        Ed Woodruff