rufous hummer recapture

  • Dean and Sally Jue
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2003
      We got word this week that a female Rufous Hummingbird banded in our
      yard last February 28th by Fred Bassett was recaptured on November 24th
      in Sevierville, Tennessee (near Nashville)! Sevierville is about 400
      miles almost directly north of Tallahassee. The bird was caught by Fred
      Moore. Both Fred B. and Fred M. band wintering hummingbirds for the
      Hummer/Bird Study Group (HBSG) based in Alabama (www.hummingbirdsplus.org).

      We will be watching our feeder closely to see if the same little Rufous
      makes it back to Tallahassee this year. HBSG encourages you to leave
      out your hummingbird feeders and contact Fred Bassett if you see a
      hummer this winter (fhound@...).

      Sally and Dean Jue
      Tallahassee, FL
      dsjue@...