Re: [FLBIRDS] PIPL banding

  • Jack Dozier
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2003
      At 07:41 PM 10/31/2003 -0800, you wrote:
      >Lee and All,
      >
      >I'm surprised the first year Piping Plover could make it from Big Quill
      >Lake, Saskatchewan to mid-Florida with all the extra paraphernalia, i.e.,
      >one metal band, three color bands plus one flag! Once before, I did see a
      >photograph of one with six bands plus a flag. Enough is enough for such
      >little peeps.
      >
      >Jill Rosenfield
      >Miami, Florida
      >jillybird@...

      We have one here at Bald Pt. also, but the banding sequence needs
      re-checking. A Northeastern bander told me that US banders had to stop
      that type of multi-banding as some of the birds were turning up
      damaged. As I understand it, the Canadians have no such
      restriction. That's from one source. Anyone else have any input? Jack

      Jack Dozier
      Alligator Pt.
      jackdozier@...