Wilson's Warbler

  • rlengach@mailer.fsu.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2003
      Thursday morning at San Luis Park between 8-9 am, I found a male WILSON'S
      WARBLER in the willows near the beginning of the boardwalk. It was
      making its distinctive call repeatedly, which alerted me to its presence.
      Other birds of interest: lots of Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, Common
      Yellowthroats, Blue Grosbeaks, Black-and-white Warblers, a Pine Warbler,
      1 Magnolia, 1 Wood Thrush, and 1 Rose-breasted Grosbeak stick out in my mind.

      I hit the sewage plant after that. Best bird was a Stilt Sandpiper among
      the throngs of Least Sandpipers and Yellowlegs. No sign of Avocets
      during my visit.

      Still almost no warblers in the yard, but I have seen at least two
      Rose-breasted Grosbeaks every day. Wood Thrush, Swainsons, Gray-cheeked
      are still visiting. Although I've been hearing Flickers for a few weeks
      now, they are here in force along with YBSA. The birds are especially
      attracted to our large heavily seed-laden Magnolia tree.

      I hope everyone has fun at the FOS meeting without me. We lost my
      father-in-law this past week, and Saturday is my daughter's birthday
      party; so birding won't really be a priority. Here's hoping for lots of
      migrants in Apalach for everyone else.

      Keep looking up,

      Rob Lengacher
      Tallahassee, FL
      rlengach@...
    • Bill Phelan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2005
        Thanks to Rob Lengacher's excellent directions, I saw the female
        Wilson's warbler in the bushes near the pond near Cap. Reg'l Med Ctr.
        Cute bird! First Wilson's I've seen in FL.
        I also saw a Wilson's snipe, the 3 buffleheads, but missed the
        goldeneye.
        Thanks, Rob.
        Bill Phelan, Tallahassee
        wmjphelan@...
      • joseph_asarisi2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
          Very interested in Wilson's Warbler. Could we get directions from Live
          oak. We usually use 90.

          Joe and Alice
          McAlpin, Fl
          joseph_asarisi2001@...