warblers at Bald Point

  • Dean and Sally Jue
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2003
      While at Bald Point State Park yesterday afternoon (July 18th) from
      around 3:30 to 4:00, I observed a surprising number of birds in the oaks
      at the end of the pavement. Among the conspicuous Blue-gray
      Gnatcatchers and chickadees, both very vocal, were several warblers: a
      Yellow-throated, a Black-and-white, and at least 4 PRAIRIE WARBLERS. All
      were actively feeding. There were also 2 juvenile Eastern Towhees, a
      Downy Woodpecker, Red-bellied Woodpecker, titmice, and cardinals. I
      assume the Prairies are fall migrants.

      Sally Jue
      Tallahassee, FL
      dsjue@...