Blackbirds and Yellow-rumped Warblers at Southwood

  • Rob Lengacher
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2001
      At Southwood (se Tallahassee) on the north side of Shumard Oak Blvd. around 5:30 this evening:

      Red-winged Blackbirds (15,000+) This number may be low.  One flock was the largest I've ever seen.  It took approximately one and a half minutes to pass over. I estimated this one flock alone contained at least 10,000 individuals.  Unbelievably humbling and beautiful.
      Yellow-rumped Warbler (7+)  They seem to be here in good numbers.
      Eastern Phoebe (5) I see more and more of these each time I visit.

      Rob Lengacher
      Tallahassee
      rlengach@...