sparrows

  • tracee0123
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2014
      Only a couple of customers have reported Chipping Sparrows so far, but I just saw a White-throated Sparrow scratching around under my feeder.
      Tracee Strohman
      Indianhead Acres, Tallahassee
    • Jim Cavanagh
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2023
        Nov 1 Yesterday at Tram Rd Sewer Ponds were:
        Hooded Mergs
        Lessor Scaup
        Mallards
        Pectoral Sandpiper

        On the peripheral road were sparrows:
        Savanah
        Chipping
        Vesper

        At St Marks Lighthouse pond
        Marbled Godwits
        Reddish Egret
        Dunlin-several hundred
        Swamp sparrows

        In marsh on ocean side of the north dike were:
        Sharp-tailed Sparrows. At least 5 and probably all Nelson's. Some
        perched in the shrubs when flushed.

        At East Pool ramp a calling Long-billed Dowitcher joined a flock of
        14 dowitchers. A black and white Boat-tailed Grackle was nearby.

        Jim Cavanagh

        Jim Cavanagh
        75 Bellac Rd.
        Tallahassee, FL.