Bald Eagle at McCord Pond

  • Rip Lhamon
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2001
      Among the egrets at McCord Pond in Betton Hills, Tallahassee, today at noon,
      a mature Bald Eagle swooped down, caught a fish, and took him north out of
      sight. Unmistakable adult bird.
      Happy Halloween, indeed! The cormorants, Great Blue Heron, Kingfisher,
      egrets, all looked on as if it were normal. Maybe it was and I have always
      been looking in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I have never seen a
      Bald Eagle in my neighborhood before.
      Rip Lhamon (corroborated by Fita Ferguson, who was walking with me).