Wilson's Warbler at US 27 Boat Landing, Tallahassee

  • Rob Lengacher
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003
      This evening about 6 pm, I stopped off at the US 27 North Landing to see if I could find the Wilson's Warbler that I heard about from Gail Menk. I easily found the male WILSON'S WARBLER in the bushes on the right side, close to the lake. More specifically, park in the area just to the right (south) of the actual ramp facing the lake. Walk along the brush to the right toward the lake. You should be able to hear the little guy giving what I call his "honky" chip. I would have to say that late afternoon at this location is awesome. The lake before you is totally lit up from behind and there are tons of birds. A person who uses a scope and some patience should find some nice birds. I was only there for 3 minutes, but I will be back.

      US 27 North Landing is located about 4.0 miles north of I-10 in Tallahassee on, you guessed it, US 27.

      Keep looking up,
      Rob Lengacher
      Tallahassee, FL
      rlengach@...