Goshawk

  • Sebastian Jones
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2001
      I found my raptor guide and also received several helpful e-mails and I've
      concluded that the bird was most likely a Goshawk. I have ruled out the
      Hawkowl idea due to the fact it is way to south for that bird and it is also
      a bit smaller than the bird I saw. Also, reasons for ruling out a Northern
      Harrier are the habitat and the way the bird flew away: low and through the
      trees- that's an accipiter trait, and the harrier wouldn't fly through pines
      easily.

      Thanks again to everyone who helped with suggestions.

      Sebastian Jones