8930Re: [nflbirds] Baird's Sandpiper, Leon County

  • Robert
    Aug 26 10:44 AM
      Subject bird was seen today around noon. Elliot, thanks for sharing the sighting with nflbirds.

      Keep birding,
      Robert Bowman

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 25, 2014, at 1:09 PM, "Elliot Schunke ewschunke@... [nflbirds]" <nflbirds-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi All,

      Andy Wraithmell found a Baird's Sandpiper on his lunch break today.  I just returned from seeing it.  It is a gorgeous juvenile.  The bird was on the northern most east-west oriented pond at the Tram Road Holding Ponds on the Southeast Farm in SE Tallahassee.  As far as we can tell, this is the first of the species in Leon County since 2002-ish.

      Andy's eBird Checklist where he'll eventually add photos:

      Thanks,
      Elliot Schunke