8901Catbird

  • Fran Rutkovsky
    Jul 25, 2014
      Yesterday when I was at my former residence on the west side of town near the stadium, I enjoyed listening to the
      rambling song of a Gray Catbird in the yard. This was one of my favorite yard birds when we lived there. I didn't know it was
      unusual to have them in the yard in summer until I took a class with Jim Cox --I think that was 1995. So the birds are still there
      in summer, even with all the over-development of apartment buildings nearby. I used to also see Robins in that area and
      occasionally Goldfinches.

      --------
      Fran Rutkovsky
      Tallahassee, FL