8899Shorebirds on the move

  • Lucy & Bob Duncan
    Jul 24, 2014

                     Lucy and I went to the Opal Bch mudflats this a.m., actually she dropped me off since it’s a mile walk from the nearest parking area. Had 11 spcs of shorebirds, including 2 Avocets, Pectoral, W., Semi-pal and Least Sandpipers, S B Dowitchers, Gr. Yellowlgs, Piping & Wilson’s Plovers, 2 Reddish Egrets and 4 Clappers walking around in the open. Meanwhile Lucy went to the Navarre Sew. Treatment Plant and picked up a Stilt Sandpiper. Lots of Black terns around as well. The boredom of summer coastal birding is over!!

      Bob Duncan

      Gulf Breeze in the w. Panhandle