8890More migrants!

  • Lucy & Bob Duncan
    Jul 6, 2014

      Hi all,

                     Two immature or female Black & White Warblers and a Yellow-throated Warbler showed up at our pond late today, somewhat on schedule. Our first B & W occurred July 2 in the period 2010 to present, so it was not particularly early, the Yellow-throated was early by 2 days for that period (our records go back over 40 yrs, but I am too lazy to ferret them out at the moment). So a trickle of migrants can be expected from now on. Oddly, Yellow Warblers are usually the first fall migrants to appear. Maybe tomorrow.

      Bob Duncan

      Gulf Breeze in the w. Panhandle