8886Vanguard of fall migration on the move

  • Lucy & Bob Duncan
    Jul 5, 2014

      This morning there were 12 Orchard Orioles feeding on Sand Grapes in my neighborhood where they do not breed. Traditionally, they and Yellow Warblers are the first fall migrants to appear. They were a day early compared to other years going back to 2010, possibly as a result of the front that eked through and brought unseasonably cool and dry weather here in the western Panhandle. I also heard a warbler call note overhead and there was a skulker in our yard. After a dull birding summer, a pleasant surprise.

      Bob Duncan

      Gulf Breeze in the w. Panhandle

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic