8730Beginning Birding program at Birdsong, Jan. 25, 9-noon

  • Fran Rutkovsky
    Jan 22, 2014

           Please join us at Birdsong this Saturday for Nancy Thomas's "Beginning Birding" class.  The Bird Window has been a very busy place lately; we're being visited regularly by a striking Pileated Woodpecker, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, Orange-crowned Warbler, Grey Catbird, White-eyed Vireo, White-throated Sparrow, Northern Bobwhite, Cedar Waxwings, Robins and other wintering birds.  Out in the Gin House Field we have Meadowlarks, and the Eastern Bluebirds are beginning to sing.  Please see the program description below and sign up by Friday at noon!

      BEGINNING BIRDING

      Saturday January 25

      9AM – Noon

           Join Nancy Ann Thomas for an introduction to the enjoyable activity of bird watching.  Meet at the Bird Window for some up-close bird viewing and Nancy will teach you how to adjust your binoculars and use a field guide.  She will then lead the group out in the field on a birding hike for some guided practice.  This class is ideal for adults and mature children.  You will get plenty of personal help to get started on what we are sure will be a life-long love of birding.

           RESERVATIONS, PLEASE.  Class space is limited to eight people.  Please call or email by Friday, January 24th  at noon. Bring binoculars  and dress for the weather. You are welcome to bring a picnic and stay for the day!

           $4 Friends, $8 nonmembers, children half-price.

      Birdsong Nature Center

      229-377-4408

      birdsong@...

      --------