    Jan 15, 2014
      Last winter, I consistently had Parula in a feeding guild at the Double Bridges. They seem to be the common rare warbler in winter.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 14, 2014, at 11:21 PM, "John Murphy" <southmoonunder@...> wrote:

      This afternoon at St Marks NWR, Earl Orf and I found an adult male N. parula in the Live oaks across the road from the visitors center. Minutes earlier we saw a Northern waterthrush at the double bridges. I'm assuming both are overwintering despite the fact that neither has been previously reported (to my knowledge).

      We were also fortunate to locate the Cinnamon teal discovered a few days ago at Stony Bayou II by Don Morrow.

      John Murphy
      Alligator Pt, FL

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Harry Hooper <sn_egret@...>
      To: nflbirds <nflbirds@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 16:00:39 -0600 (CST)
      Subject: [nflbirds] early arrival

      Afternoon nlfbirders,

      While refilling the feeders this morning, a 1st year / adult ? female Northern Parula came to feed at my suet feeder giving me great views from 5 feet away.  As per the Tallahassee Field Card, the normal average arrival time for this specie in the Tally area is the last week of February.

      Good birding !

      Harry Hooper
      Tallahassee, Florida

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic