8639Golden eagle/Bald Pt State Park

  • John Murphy
    Nov 9, 2013
      Around 8:30 this morning I saw a juvenile Golden eagle just over the tree line, SE of the marsh boardwalk at Bald Pt SP.  Viewing it through my scope for approximately 20 seconds I saw the crisp, white band with dark terminal band on a slightly wedge-shaped tail; white patches on the underwing at the base of inner primaries; and the "golden" nape.  It flew out of sight behind the trees and never reemerged.  Flying as low as it was, it's possible that it may still be in the area though I never saw it again during 45 minutes of watching.

      John Murphy
      Alligator Pt, FL
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic