      From: Andrew Wraithmell
      Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 4:29 PM
      To: undisclosed-recipients:
      Subject: The best day shorebirding ever...at least for me!

      Hi all

      It was pretty incredible today at the refuge. I'm still shocked at seeing that many buff-breasts in one place. Incredible. Thank you thunderstorm!

      34 Black-bellied Plover
      9 Wilson's Plover
      101 Semipalmated Plover
      2 Killdeer
      26 Black-necked Stilt
      1 Am. Avocet
      62 G. Yellowlegs
      17 L. Yellowlegs
      122 Willet
      27 Spotted Sandpiper
      75 Buff-breasted Sandpiper
      1 Hudsonian Godwit
      15 Marbled Godwit
      72 Ruddy Turnstone
      5 Red Knot
      1 Sanderling
      41 Semipalmated Sandpiper
      178 Western Sandpiper
      35 Least Sandpiper
      9 Pectoral Sandpiper
      2 Dunlin
      8 Stilt Sandpiper
      194 Short-billed Dowitcher
      1 Long-billed Dowitcher
      1 Wilson's Phalarope
      481 unidentified peeps
      45 dowitcher spp.

      other spp. included

      30 Blue-winged Teal
      1 Northern Shoveler
      2 Pied-billed Grebe
      1 Peregrine
      1 Greater Scaup (still!)
      10+ Reddish Egret
      7 Roseate Spoonbill
      10 Black Tern
      500 Barn Swallow

      and my new buddy, Old Bollocks the Alligator! Video on the blog to follow. Pictures of Hudwit and Buff-breasts already up.

      Cheers

      I'm off to watch my daughter tap dance!

      AW

      http://limeybirder.blogspot.com/2011/08/raining-buff-breasts.html