6098Bluebirds

  • judy cooke
    Feb 18, 2010
      Been in the house almost 5 years now and Tuesday for the very first time, there were 4 Bluebirds in the front yard.  Later in the day, I saw them in the backyard.  I did not see them eating mealworms, but they were perched near them.  Yesterday morning, there were 12.  I ran out and got a bluebird house and got it up and put mealworms out front.

      I don't know if they are just passing through or thinking about staying - but I was wondering if there are any little tricks I could use to encourage them to stay?  I am bordered by woods on two sides and the front yard has quite a few trees.  (Side yard connects to the neighbor.)  I only have an acre.  I didn't want to go to the expense of putting more than one house out, but I will if that will help encourage them to stay.

      Any Suggestions????

      Thanks!

      Judy-Panacea

      Picture: