5070Help with some August Target Birds

  • Joshua Uffman
    Jul 10, 2008
      Hello north Florida Birders...

      I will soon be taking my annual Florida vacation to Panama City Beach
      (August 2-11). I have always gotten good advice as to my target birds from
      all of you subscribed to this list (and I thank you!). However, with that
      said, I have two species I would really like to see that have always eluded
      me or I "just missed":

      1) Limpkin

      2) Seaside Sparrow

      I know neither is easy, but would greatly appreciate any information as to
      recent sightings/best way to find these birds/etc. Also, I would be very
      interested as to what is the closest location to Panama City that the
      Florida Scrub Jay can be found at?

      Thanks in advance,

      Joshua Uffman

      St. Louis County, MO