4391white pelicans

  • Harry Hooper
    Jun 24, 2007
      Afternoon nflbirders,Took my mom to the refuge this morning for a little birding from the main road. East Pool was jammed with waders including a dancing immature reddish egret. But of real interest was the flyover of 25 white pelicans with another 14 resting on the mud flats of Stoney Bayou Pool #1. Even had a single white pelican on the mudflats at headquarters pond. I can't recall observing white pelicans at the refuge during the summer. I would appreciate some feedback on their summertime occurrence on the refuge.Many thanks,Harry HooperTallahassee, Florida