2326Downtown Red-tailed Hawk

  • Linda Most
    Jan 8, 2005
      I have been seeing a Red-tailed Hawk soaring over the intersection of Tennessee and Monroe (usually just south-east of the intersection) pretty regularly when I go through at mid-day. This week I saw it perch on the antenna/mast of the Radisson Hotel. Pretty cool!

      Oriole update: the new feeder is apparently to "my" oriole's liking. The bird has been hanging around and visiting the feeder regularly since I put it up. It is drinking the nectar and picking at the fruit.

      best,
      Linda Most

      Conservation is sometimes perceived as stopping everything cold, as holding whooping cranes in higher esteem than people. It is up to science to spread the understanding that the choice is not between wild places or people, it is between a rich or an impoverished existence for man.

      - Thomas E. Lovejoy