Fwd: Special Olympics Summer Games, May 31 - June 2

  • David Ziskind, KE4QLH
    Message 1 of 3 , May 12, 2002
      Please see the following email and help Todd if you are available. I know
      it's the weekend of the Atlanta Radio Club hamfest...but we still need this
      event covered!!

      Todd's contact info follows.

      73,
      David

      >Hello everyone
      >The staff of Special Olympics Georgia has once again asked the ham radio
      >community to come out and support their cause. This time it is for the
      >annual Summer Games, which will be held on campus at Emory
      >University. The mission of the Special Olympics is to provide year-round
      >sports training and athletic competition for all children and adults with
      >mental handicaps. Our mission is to help them see these events through,
      >providing communications between the staff and all of the venues. At the
      >same time, hams are a major part of the support that the athletes receive
      >when they come to enjoy the games.
      >
      >The dates are May the 31st through June the 2nd. We need around 6 hams on
      >Friday (and hopefully a few more in the evening for the dance), 10 hams on
      >Saturday and 8 hams on Sunday. We love when people can pull a whole
      >shift, but if you would like to volunteer for a certain part of a day
      >we're glad to work with you on that. Some of the events include tennis,
      >swimming, track and field events and soccer.
      >
      >Meal passes are included for those who volunteer with us. You will get to
      >work with people who are true professionals in what they do, and who
      >really appreciate what we do. It's a great event and a very good
      >cause. If you'd like to volunteer or have any questions, please contact
      >me and I'll be glad to talk with you.
      >73
      >
      >Todd Bowden, AF4CZ
      >Comm. Director, Special Olympics Georgia
      >(home) 770-532-6633
      >(page) 678-991-4256
      >
      ><mailto:af4cz@...>af4cz@...
      >www.specialolympicsga.org

      David Ziskind, KE4QLH <mailto:ke4qlh@...>
      Emergency Coordinator - North Fulton County (Georgia) A.R.E.S
      Webpage: http://www.fultonares.org
      Communications Director, Georgia Games
    • David Ziskind, KE4QLH
      Message 2 of 3 , May 27, 2002
        Hi all -

        Todd is still short some volunteers for the Special Olympics this coming
        weekend, but especially on Saturday. Please volunteer if you can! We need
        volunteers Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - May 31 through June 2. The SOGA
        Summer Games will be on the campus of Emory University.

        Please, reply to Todd (AF4CZ) at af4cz@..., and let him know when
        you can volunteer!

        Thanks and 73,
        David

        David Ziskind, KE4QLH <mailto:ke4qlh@...>
        Emergency Coordinator - North Fulton County (Georgia) A.R.E.S
        Webpage: http://www.fultonares.org
        Communications Director, Georgia Games

        >Hello everyone
        >The staff of Special Olympics Georgia has once again asked the ham radio
        >community to come out and support their cause. This time it is for the
        >annual Summer Games, which will be held on campus at Emory
        >University. The mission of the Special Olympics is to provide year-round
        >sports training and athletic competition for all children and adults with
        >mental handicaps. Our mission is to help them see these events through,
        >providing communications between the staff and all of the venues. At the
        >same time, hams are a major part of the support that the athletes receive
        >when they come to enjoy the games.
        >
        >The dates are May the 31st through June the 2nd. We need around 6 hams on
        >Friday (and hopefully a few more in the evening for the dance), 10 hams on
        >Saturday and 8 hams on Sunday. We love when people can pull a whole
        >shift, but if you would like to volunteer for a certain part of a day
        >we're glad to work with you on that. Some of the events include tennis,
        >swimming, track and field events and soccer.
        >
        >Meal passes are included for those who volunteer with us. You will get to
        >work with people who are true professionals in what they do, and who
        >really appreciate what we do. It's a great event and a very good
        >cause. If you'd like to volunteer or have any questions, please contact
        >me and I'll be glad to talk with you.
        >73
        >
        >Todd Bowden, AF4CZ
        >Comm. Director, Special Olympics Georgia
        >(home) 770-532-6633
        >(page) 678-991-4256
        >
        ><mailto:af4cz@...>af4cz@...
        >www.specialolympicsga.org
      • Dave Jacoby - KD4IKZ
        Message 3 of 3 , May 27, 2002
          This is the first I heard of this.  I will be completely booked this weekend as my parents will be staying with me.  Sorry.
          Todd is still short some volunteers for the Special Olympics this coming
          weekend, but especially on Saturday.  Please volunteer if you can!  We need
          volunteers Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - May 31 through June 2.  The SOGA
          Summer Games will be on the campus of Emory University.

          Please, reply to Todd (AF4CZ) at af4cz@..., and let him know when
          you can volunteer!

          Thanks and 73,
          David

          David Ziskind, KE4QLH <mailto:ke4qlh@...>
          Emergency Coordinator - North Fulton County (Georgia) A.R.E.S
          Webpage: http://www.fultonares.org
          Communications Director, Georgia Games

          >Hello everyone
          >The staff of Special Olympics Georgia has once again asked the ham radio
          >community to come out and support their cause.  This time it is for the
          >annual Summer Games, which will be held on campus at Emory
          >University.  The mission of the Special Olympics is to provide year-round
          >sports training and athletic competition for all children and adults with
          >mental handicaps.  Our mission is to help them see these events through,
          >providing communications between the staff and all of the venues.  At the
          >same time, hams are a major part of the support that the athletes receive
          >when they come to enjoy the games.
          >
          >The dates are May the 31st through June the 2nd.  We need around 6 hams on
          >Friday (and hopefully a few more in the evening for the dance), 10 hams on
          >Saturday and 8 hams on Sunday.  We love when people can pull a whole
          >shift, but if you would like to volunteer for a certain part of a day
          >we're glad to work with you on that.  Some of the events include tennis,
          >swimming, track and field events and soccer.
          >
          >Meal passes are included for those who volunteer with us.  You will get to
          >work with people who are true professionals in what they do, and who
          >really appreciate what we do.  It's a great event and a very good
          >cause.  If you'd like to volunteer or have any questions, please contact
          >me and I'll be glad to talk with you.
          >73
          >
          >Todd Bowden, AF4CZ
          >Comm. Director, Special Olympics Georgia
          >(home) 770-532-6633
          >(page) 678-991-4256
          >
          ><mailto:af4cz@...>af4cz@...
          >www.specialolympicsga.org